Thanks to Luna for the nomination, this has been really fun! Everyone go look at her blog, it’s amazingly well-written and interesting!
The rules are:
1. Open a blank Document
2. Set a stop watch or your mobile phone timer to 5 or 10 minutes, whichever challenge you prefer.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH YOUR TIMER!!!
4. Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds!
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals.
7. At the end of your post write down the number of words to give an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
8. Put the whole document onto your post and nominate 5 others and give them a new topic. Remember to copy paste the rules in!
My topic was Clouds and here’s what I came up with:
Clouds. It’s fast approaching summer (some people say it’s already arrived but seeing as it rained yesterday I beg to differ). For me clouds represent whatever you want them to. If you look up into the sky, and try as hard as you can, you can transform it into anything you want. A dragon, an ice cream or even a new Apple laptop.
But clouds can be something else. Clouds can be the sadness that hovers over you wherever you go, the cold, wet drizzle that never seems to stop. It follows you everywhere, whether you’re alone in your bedroom or at a party full of people and there’s nothing you can do about it. An umbrella won’t fix it. You have to dig deep into yourself and look hard to transform that cloud from itself to a rainbow.
(Word Count: 126)
I’m not too proud of the quality of that post but there you go.
I nominate Taylor!